Top 5 Trends for Summer
The sun has just started shining in New Zealand, yet in the fashion world, it is full swing Summer. Here are the top five trends that you need to know and start wearing.
1. Drop Crotch OK OK, I hear you now... not that funny pant that looks like the kid who hasn't pulled their pants up! Yes, crikey that's the one. It is huge right now, and you need a pair! They are super comfy and feel like you're in your PJ's, but once styled they look trendy.
Betty Basics Jade Pant $45.90 | Vigorella Harem Pant $124.90 | Vigorella Dropped Crotch Pant $124.90 | Betty Basics Jade Pant $45.90
You need to ensure you embrace the drop crotch and pull them down, so they sit on your hips. It will feel a bit odd but trust me (and every other stylist here) once you start wearing them you will never look back. For summer you can style them pulled up to mid-calf (as they have a skinny leg to balance the drop).
2. Cold shoulder The cold shoulder or off the shoulder (OTS) is a fantastic trend for Summer. A subtle way to add a bit of sexy to your wardrobe. What I love about it is, you are showing a little bit of skin but not too much. Plus this style still hides the arm bit we all love to hate! The cutout cold shoulder is an excellent introduction for the cold shoulder newbies as they are still bra friendly.
Classified Cold Shoulder Top $99.90 | Threadz Stripe Dress $99.90 | Veronika Maine Top $199.90 | Vigorella Open shoulder top $159.90
3. Metallics Who doesn't love a bit of bling?! Rose gold and silver foil prints are a must-have this season and are here to stay. You will see a lot of metallic spots and quirky designs.
4. Spots & Stripes Spots and stripes are here to stay. Classify a stripe as a basic wardrobe need. Don't be afraid to mix and match your stripes. Put your own twist on this basic.
Scope Coin Spot Dress $189.90 | Elm Frankie Midi Dress $99.90 | David Pond Tee $219.90 | Scope Stripe Tee $129.90
5. Denim Denim is key. You will see denim jackets, shirts and even dresses this season. Be open to a bit of grunge as the old acid wash is back in fashion.
Talking denim, you might like to take a look at my previous blog on 'How to style a denim jacket'
Enjoy the summer and get involved with the top five trends!
Follow us behind the scenes on our Instagram stories @sophiepreen_online you will see what arrives first!